Quicksilver Group COVID-19 Safe Measures
The Quicksilver Group is committed to ensuring your health and safety at all times. Across our Quicksilver and Great Adventures operations, each facility and vessel has a COVID Safe Plan to minimise any potential risks so you can enjoy your Great Barrier Reef experience in confidence.
For your assurance, an overview of measures and additional precautions in place include the following.
General measures implemented as mandatory include:
- All persons must sanitise hands on boarding vessels (hand sanitiser will be provided).
- Customers/Family Groups will be asked to provide a verbal or written declaration on Check-in and a further verbal declaration when boarding one of our vessels.
- Unwell persons are not permitted to travel (see Customer Pre-screening)
- Vessel and tour passenger numbers limited to 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Cashless transactions only.
- Hand sanitising and hand wash stations throughout vessels.
- Social distancing advice announcements onboard.
- Staff training and awareness of COVID safe practices.
- For the safety of all customers and staff, if you are displaying cold and flu-like symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19, you MUST NOT attend the scheduled tour. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath. If you are unable to travel on one of our Quicksilver or Great Adventures vessels as a result, and unable to travel on another day, you will be offered a full refund as per our refund policy.
- The Quicksilver Group has the right to refuse participation in tours and activities should customers refuse to comply with the conditions of COVID safe practices.
The Australian Government advises that the following people are most ‘at risk’:
- aged over 70
- aged over 65 with a material medical condition
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged over 50 with a material medical condition
- people with material medical conditions
- people who are immuno-compromised
- All staff are aware that they MUST NOT attend work if they have any symptoms potentially consistent with COVID-19.
- Staff screening will be undertaken prior to the commencement of each workday.
- Onboard our vessels, the seating capacity has been limited to facilitate recommended 4 square metres per person social distance requirements.
- Partners/family units (ie with the same residential address) will be managed as equivalent to one individual. As with individuals, each family unit will be required to maintain appropriate social distancing from individuals who are not part of their direct family unit.
- Quicksilver Dive: Limitation of classroom student numbers to comply with 4 square metres per person.
- Modifications have been made to meal services to comply with food service requirements - self-service buffets will no longer be available. Where buffet meals are included, meals will be served and plated by staff complying with the new food safety regulations.
Cleaning & Hygiene - Additional COVID-19 measures:
- Customers and staff will be provided access to hand sanitisers.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and washroom facilities will be completed throughout your visit with us.
- Dive and snorkel equipment: As per normal practice, all equipment is sanitised with approved disinfectant after each use.
- Additional hygiene and social distancing signage has been installed.
These general guidelines are in compliance with Queensland Health and Australian Government Department of Health current recommendations, and the Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) COVID Safe Plan. Advice will be amended in accordance with the most up to date recommendations.
Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you to experience the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef with you soon.
For further Information
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our teams at:
• Quicksilver, Wavedancer, Silversonic, Poseidon: [email protected]
• Great Adventures, Ocean Spirit, Silverswift: [email protected]
• Quicksilver Dive: [email protected]